Sunday, January 10, 2010

Domestic Goddess

Not going to talk about any Sigmond Frued's personality types or any other stuff. Just my observations of compulsive domestic behaviours.


Baby Kangaroos- What do we do with waned bits of soaps. If you cost conservative, well you can stick it to your new bar like a baby kangaroos. In some houses, all used soap goes to kitchen/Toilet for washing hands, after you deal with dirty dishes/things.



Toothbrushes- Some people will chew their brushes. Their brushes will battered and bruised or look like a ruffled hair. In one go, they strain, strain and polish their teeth. Imagining that within one day, their teeth will become like Wrigley's Orbit White cow.
Some brush looks like it untouched for days(like Mine). May be they put it in their mouth and dream and let go of it.


Penny Savings: I have observed some ladies rinse the milk covers to drain even the last drop of milk sticking to it. And the cover will be stuck to the sink wall, to let it dry. It could give you some bucks. This has never worked out with me, stopped it, once my kitchen stinked of drippy, stale milk from the covers.

Cleaning Cloth: Square bits of clothes cut out from any nighties or sarees can serve as drab cleaning cloth to polish your floors. Dirts accumulated can be washed once in a while to make the sink, still more cleaner and fresh with all forms of invisible life.

7 comments:

Sakshi said...

ROFL at baby kangaroos :)I am afraid i am not a domestic goddess according to you coz I don't do any of the things. I am very very obsessed with cleanliness :( and like to keep the house squeaky clean which can be really irritating at times!

Eooww at washing the milk packets and sticking it to dry *fainted*

Gita said...

Hey I think I saw a square cloth cut out from a nighty when I was in your house...ha ha ;)

Usha said...

Baby Kangaroos ? LOL, funny post :-)

Namita said...

Hee hee.. this was cute Devka !! Was looking forward to reading more on this ... Well ... I must think twice before visiting your home (if I plan too) :D !

Padhu said...

Nicely written.
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

Viji said...

ha ha... that was a good one Devs... I am late in commenting.. infact I had given hope that you would write at all..

I know it happens in every home... and my brush is neat too... even after 6 months it is as straight as new :-) I know... quite dreamy..

Baby Kangaroos is really funny... Man! u should write more!

My cooking experiments said...

That was quite a read!!! I can call it OCD (obsessive compulsive behaviour)in terms of money saving and comes thro' generations too.